Hi, I'm Allison Poss. Nice to meet you!
I am a licensed school psychologist and also have a doctorate in interdisciplinary leadership studies. I have a passion for anything related to leadership and creativity. I speak about innovation and engagement in organizations for Axle Rev and recently founded Girls With Ideas, a business focused on teaching girls ages 9-13 how to be confident, creative leaders. Service is an important part of my life, I spend a good amount of my free time volunteering as a Chapter Advisor for the Gamma Phi Beta sorority and for the Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership organization.
My husband, Bennett is a psychiatry resident at the University (yup - we are a psychiatrist & psychologist duo) whose motto is to "Stay Posi." He has a sharp wit, a gentle demeanor, and always makes me laugh. We have a little Yorkie named Pax who is a sweet companion and can rock a tiny hat.
This website also houses my blog Good Cool Hunting. I have blogged for a few years but recently shifted the focus of this blog to sharing cool things that I find because I love sharing anything that makes life better, interesting, and fun!
- I love bright lipstick.
- My Starbucks order is a Venti black coffee.
- When I get excited, I dance.
- Positivity, Achiever, Relator, Learner, & Adaptability.
- Cheetah print a neutral in my closet.
- I am currently trying to teach myself how to code, sew, and play the ukulele.
- Fresh flowers are a grocery staple.
- Lena Dunham is my role model.
- My electronic signature always reads Happiness Always.