Bar Carts are a new trend in home decor. As someone who is is a fan of Mad Men and always needs a project, I decided to put one together after being inspired by some of my friend's bar carts. Looking for a cart, many of them are expensive and large. I had a small budget and small space for one so I had to get creative. I found this cart at IKEA online for only $24.99 that fit the bill in terms of price and size. Even better it has a pull out drawer and the top comes off to be a drink tray. It shipped easily to the house and Bennett and I pounded it together.
I decorated the cart with things I had around the house. The only thing I purchased was the 'Cheers' banner from the Etsy shop Seventh and J. Here are a few things that I put of the cart:
- I took an empty growler from one of our favorite breweries in Omaha and put some dried Billy Balls in it (the yellow long flowers).
- As always, I had to include one of my Aloha Orchid Capri candles. My trademark.
- Mini cactus plant! I am going through a succulent obsession phase currently.
- I typed up the Liz Taylor quote "Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together" printed it out and put it in a frame I already had.
- I put some cocktail straws in a mason jar and filled a vase I had with wine corks.
- I put my cocktails shakers and glassware on the cart of course.
- There is a drawer that pulls out in the cart where I placed some straws, playing cards, and my prized Mad Men wine charms.