My friend Staci and I love to throw theme parties for our friends. She lives in Omaha so when I moved away we decided to make sure we still threw parties every few months as a reason to get together. This past weekend we planned a Coachella themed event that we threw in her backyard. For those of you who are not familiar with Coachella, it is a music and arts festival in California. The event is known for its fashion where anything goes; it has a very hippie, carefree vibe.
For the decor we had lots of feathers, flowers, and arrows. The table featured a dream catcher that Staci made. She accented it with feathers dipped in gold glitter glue. I made a garland of paper feathers and arrows that I cut out from a wrapping paper and sewed together. We ordered some floral cups, a table runner, and feather napkins from H&M (see here) and had lots of flowers. All of our parties feature a photo op area and for this party we put together a small tent with fun pillows from Staci's house. To top it off Staci painted a wooden sign with the party name and stuck some flowers in a pair of her boots!
We had lots of things to do at Backyard Coachella including:
- Temporary Tattoo Station - We had my favorite temporary tattoos Tattify for our guests to apply. We also had some Flash Sliver and Gold Tattoos that were a huge hit. They are high quality temporary tattoos that last 4-6 days, have great sophisticated designs, and a fun metallic sheen.
- Friendship Bracelet Making - I printed out instructions for various types of friendship bracelets and put lots of fun colors of threads to make them.
- Root Beer Float Station
- Cigar Bar - This included Staci's vintage match collection and cigars Bennet and I brought back from the Dominican Republic.
- Huge KerPlunk Game - Staci made this!
- Bean Bag Toss - Any good outdoor event has one.
- Yard Yahztee Game - We had huge Yahzette dice and scorecards.
- Life Size Jenga Game - Always a hit at any party.
- Hookah - Bennett found this day of for cheap, it added to the theme.
- Hula Hoops & Bubbles
- Wristbands - We ordered wristbands that they give out at music venues for our guests to make them feel like they were at a real music event.
- Music - We had music playing and one of our friends performed a few of his amazing raps as our headliner. Best part of the night!
- Pizza- Everyone put in some money so we could order pizza : )
- Sparklers & Chinese Lanterns
As always, I wish I would have taken more photos to be able to capture the event better. But I had so much fun catching up with my favorite people and got distracted so I did not get as many photos as I would have liked. I think we may need to hire a photographer for our next bash! But here are a few iPhone moments I managed to catch.